Monday, November 26, 2007

Sweet Kisses and Little Horns

Elise has started kissing a lot. She is constantly either blowing kisses to us, kissing our faces or just kissing the plain air! But what is so darn adorable about the whole thing is the sound she makes and the way she sticks her bottom lip out. She makes the face of a toothless old man and then says "mwaaaaaa!"!

It gives me the warm and fuzzies, I wish I could capture it forever. I'm going to try to at least get a picture to post...
On the other hand, I wish she could be that cute when I take Lola to her gymnastic classes at the rec center! Holy cow! The cute little kisses disappear and two little tiny horns grow on her head, a forked tail from her big, cloth diapered butt. It's insane!!! I spent the whole hour thwarting her efforts to join the other kids in the class. First I carried her in my Ergo for as long as I could, then I let her crawl around on the floor after she threw a ballistic fit. She'd crawl off thinking she was going to reach Lola and the other kids, but then she'd hear me on her tail and look up. She'd give me this stubborn look and SPEED UP. She was trying to outrun me!!! Jeezy kreezy. This was my whole hour, peppered with a few temper tantrums. In retrospect, I do not know what I was thinking when I signed Lola up for hour long classes. She also has an hour long ballet class on Thursdays. I'm going to need to enlist some help or I'll be going gray, bald, crazy whatever, very soon.

2 comments:

veganmomma said...

Rowan is starting the quick crawl too. He really loves the mat in the gymnastics room. It is so hard not to just let him go because he wants to do it so badly. Now you are telling me it will only get worse...

Luci said...

It was rough! I want to just let her go, especially because no one was on the mat, but she didn't really care about the mat, she was far more interested in going to the uneven bars where the kids were. She wants to be part of the action and, of course, doesn't understand why she can't. That little stubborn streak is popping out though!